Issued by MCKD, the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is used by publishing houses and helps librarians to retrieve, organize, manage book-related information as well carry out their organizational and administrative duties. It can be also used as an additional control number in index cards or records to ensure whether or not a book exists.
To learn more
Office Hours / Timings
Sunday to Thursday, 7.30 a.m. till 2.30p.m.
Average Time of Service Completion
Concerned Department / Division
Knowledge Content Department
Target Customer Categories
Creative writers and authors
ServiceRequestCount - VisualWebPart1
EserviceRating - VisualWebPart1
1. The publishers shall comply with ISBN-related laws once they receive ISBNs.
2. The publishers shall notify MCKD of any change in their organization data.
3. The publishers shall put the ISBNs in a visible place, on both the cover and internal pages.
4. The publishers shall ensure ISBNs are printed in letters of appropriate size.
5. Once printed, 5 copies of the book shall be provided by the publishers to MCKD no later than 60 days from the date they receive ISBNs.
6. Your book data will not be published on The ISBN website unless you deliver five copies of the same showing the ISBN in a clear print.
7. The same ISBN shall not be used in another book, even if the same book was later translated (new ISBN is required).
8. Each volume of the multi-volume book must be given a unique ISBN.
1. Complete the International Numbering Form.
2. Pay International Numbering fees of AED 200 with the e-Dirham card or credit cards (Visa or MasterCard).
3. Attach a paper copy of the book.
4. Attach ID Card photocopy.
- Submit the Application
- Make Payment
- Approval from Ministry
- Receive ISBN